Friday, August 31, 2007

Oral defense

My academic career is rapidly drawing to a close. My oral defense, which I've hardly prepared for, is today. Wish me luck!

Update: The oral defense went really well, aside from my inability to form complete sentences and the fact that I stumbled badly on some of WC's questions. WC's 9 year old daughter was present, and at one point was playing with the newspaper rack, causing a ruckus. I thought that was hilarious, and it put me in a more relaxed mood. After my presentation HG was gushing with praise, even saying it is publishable. LK had to practically calm her down, basically saying calm down, it's just an MPhil paper. Usually the supervisor has to try to defend the student and fend off critics, but in this case she actually had to do the opposite.

No comments: